Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Momspeak


In response to the request for “mommy comments,” I’d like to share one with you:
My servant attitude sure has been challenged recently. Especially with the addition of another little one with so many "needs". I have even caught myself rolling my eyes when a little one dares to utter the word, "Mama". I know alot of my attitudes are from lack of sleep and the constant "neediness" of being a mom. Trying to adjust/correct my 'tude,  but also trying not to beat myself up during this season of my life. It's all a balancing act.........but that has left me wondering, does it ever balance?

 Sometimes I wonder the same thing...and I’m a grandma! Since we’re into true confessions here, I’m sharing an email I sent several months ago to the girls I’ve mentored for the past four years. It was an honest moment.


Girls: I want to clarify something I said this morning: I felt really convicted when I got home about my comment regarding not enjoying my little ones! That was so LAME! I should never have said something that diminished the awesome, amazing, marvelous blessings that God entrusted me with, both our children and our grandchildren.

I realize now that what I should have said is how much I dislike MYSELF some of the days that I am with little ones...my lack of self-control, my impatience, my ingratitude to God for precious, healthy children whose lives I have a chance to help mold. I'm so ashamed of myself. Please forgive my for being too transparent. (I prefer for you to think I'm perfect. )



Chuck Swindoll said in his book entitled Parenting, “Guilt is a by-product of mothering.” With that thought in mind, I want to share a blog that summarizes the attitude we should all adopt as mothers. Here it is:


http://www.theblazingcenter.com/2012/10/dear-moms-jesus-wants-you-to-chill-out.html

Carry on, Young Moms! You're the best!!!

No comments:

Our Family 2015

Our Family 2015