Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lila...look!

I'm studying about the Holy Spirit again. I say "again" because I have been on a 40-year quest to get to know Him, the One that Jesus promised to send us when He left the earth. To this end, I'm reading (again) a book written by Catherine Marshall entitled The Helper.

One of the chapters is about the way the Spirit helps us know how to pray. He enables us to see things the way that Jesus sees them, and when that happens, we know we are praying in God's will, and when that happens, we know our prayer is answered! (I John 5:14).

That's where I want to dwell: in the confidence that I'm praying in a manner to which God responds.

In order to do this, I have to learn to see a situation the way that Jesus sees it, and intercede the way that He would. That means I have to see things through His eyes. How do I do it?

This makes me think of our granddaughter, Lila. We'll see things that we think would be interesting to her. "Look, Lila! There's a hummingbird!" or "Look, there's a deer drinking from the pond!" She squints her eyes and peers everywhere but the right direction. Usually she's looking right in front of herself instead of further out. Then we take her little head in our hands and turn it toward the subject, and we try to send her eyes in a straight line at the end of our pointed finger. We want her to see what we're seeing. Sometimes she gets it, sometimes not.

That's me. I need God's hands on my head directing it, letting me see what's at the end of His pointed finger. Maybe He sees me the way we think about Lila: "When she matures, she'll see."

I pray that the Holy Spirit will show me how to look through Jesus's eyes.

1 comment:

Like Sugar with a T said...

Hi Mrs. Careen, I hear wonderful things from Amber about the Bible study you are doing! I don't have your email address, but mine is jana_pickard@yahoo.com. I'd love to hear from you!

Our Family 2015

Our Family 2015